The NSA Philadelphia consists of 134 acres in the Lawncrest section of Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania built in 1942. Most of the base involves warehouse offices for the Naval supply commands and supports services to Navy units that are based at the old Philadelphia Navy Yard.
The Naval Support Activity Philadelphia was once called the Navy Aviation Supply Depot during the beginning of World War II in 1942. That depot was base to Naval Aviation parts and headquarters to the Defense Industrial Supply Center. With the purpose of supplying the US military, one famous duty was to help the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Over the years, the NSA grew as Base Realignment and Closure Commission actions mission and then were moved to the installation.
The two major tenants of the installation are the Defense Logistics agency and the NAVSUP. Tenants Also included:
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA),
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
- DLA Troop Support
- DLA Document Services
- Human Resources Service Center Northeast (HRSC NE)
- NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Norfolk (NAVSUP FLC)
- Naval Foundry and Propeller Center (NFPC)
- Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division-Ship Systems Engineering Station (NSWC CD-SSES)
- NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support (NAVSUP WSS)Formerly NAVICP
- Navy Clothing and Textile Research Facility (NCTRF)
- Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (NJROTC)
- Navy Recruiting District Philadelphia (NRD Philadelphia)
- PNY Branch Health Clinic (Naval Health Clinic, Annapolis)
- U.S. Air Force Clothing & Textile (AFCTO)
- U.S. Army Recruiting Battalion, Mid-Atlantic (USARB, MA)
“The School Liaison Officer is the primary point of contact between the military installation, the local schools and school districts, transitioning families and the community at large.” The School Liaison Officer can help assist families with school transfers and home schooling information and much more.
McGuire AFB, NJ
PhoneL 609-754-2153 x3102,